11 October 2009

Blessings Abundant

.


(inspiration and logo from holy experience)



Blessings hemmed with praise will not unravel.

~ Anonymous



My weekly Sabbath worship... thanking Him for all His blessings, great and small, for the Lord God made them all. On my way to counting 1000 and beyond...


298.

Simple ideas that work.
Whoever invented this kitchen tool
is simply a genius.



299.

Farm fresh eggs.
Gathered by my children from nests
soon to become twelve year old daughter's yummy wheat pancakes
for the family at breakfast.
Aren't they beautiful?



300.

Delicate strength.
Some strands of spider web
are stronger than steel of the same thickness,
yet they are so fragile and vulnerable.
The Creator weaves his wonder within us
as we contemplate His splendor
and the truths He reveals in all He has made.



301.

Technology that helps.
helps my sons learn moderation and self-control
with his Nintendo DSI.
One piece of technology
helps guard against the potential hurt
of another piece of technology.



302.

The music of Autumn
The startling sharp staccato of acorns
as they hit our roof, deck and aluminum siding,
falling from an 80-foot oak tree in our yard.
The surprisingly sonorous rat-tatta-tat-tats
crescendo and quiet
with every breeze that comes and goes through the trees.



303.

Peanut-butter-and-honey-sandwich love.
Seven year old son offers to make lunch
for his ten year old brother.



Thank You, Heavenly Father, for gifting me so generously and undeservedly. And what a comfort to me to know that it is Your joy to give them, as it is certainly my joy to receive them. I am blessed indeed.


To learn more about the 1000 Gift List and the Gratitude Community, click on the links on the menu at the top of the blog. Join us!
.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh , you humbled me with the acorn one. I was just bemoaning them the other day as they rained down too near my car where I was cleaning a client's garden.
Thanks for the better perspective.

Trish said...

You are so poetic. Thank you for sharing your list with us.