18 October 2009

Running Over, One Drop At A Time

.

(inspiration and logo from holy experience)



The optimist says, the cup is half full.

The pessimist says, the cup is half empty.

The child of God says, my cup runneth over.



My Sabbath celebration continues as I offer my gratitude for His many drops of grace that pour into my life. Each drop is a precious gift. Together, they fill and run over. Counting drops of grace to 1000 and beyond...


304.

Tingly heart moments.
I took my seven year old son out to breakfast at McD's:
Mom: "If you could go anywhere in the world,
where would you like to go?"
Son: "With you!" and he blew me a kiss.



305.

Mixed blessings.
Even mixed blessings are blessings
and can offer a teachable moment.
I overheard my two sons calmly arguing,
reproving each other with one Bible verse after another.
Of course, their aim was actually
to prove that the other had done wrong
and "win" the argument,
more than it was to gently lead the other to repentance.
But at least they knew Scripture
and knew it is supposed to order
our behavior and choices in life.
So, I interrupted and suggested
that both of them contemplate this Bible verse:



306.

(our fireplace screen)

Quiet sharing of adventure.
Listening with my children to The Adventures of Desperaux,
enjoying candlelight and homemade chocolate chip cookies.



307.

(child's name retouched out of photo
click image to read the text)

Boundless joy.
My 12 year old daughter finished reading this book
and then signed
this Xeroxed copy of the pledge from its pages,
hanging it on her wall right next to her bed,
the first thing she sees each morning.


To learn more about the 1000 Gift List and the Gratitude Community, click on the links on the menu at the top of the blog. Join us!
.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Thanks for sharing,have a beautiful week.

Becky
dailyonmywaytoheaven.com

Anonymous said...

What a great list! I taught that book at camp a few years back as the Bible time and then we wrote letters to persecuted missionaries. It changes your life!

Anonymous said...

I love how well your first quote about optimism and pessimism connects so well with the Mixed Blessings. It's when we allow ourselves to see through His eyes that these small miracles become visible in our lives. Thank you for sharing you heart.

Blessings,
Anna

Heather of Swallowing A Moose said...

First time i've come to your blog... certainly won't be the last! :o)

Love your writing and what awesome things to be thankful for. I hope my boys (on their way) will blow me kisses like that too. Uh Oh... I just coveted... I broke one of Moses' laws. Whew! Good thing grace came! :o)

Sweet Blessings,
Heather

Unknown said...

Your fireplace screen photo is absolutely beautiful, Sharaya.

Sharaya Crossan said...

Deb,
Thanks. The fireplace screen was a hand-me-down from my mother-in-law. I wanted one like that for quite a while, but chose to be content with the (damaged) simple screen I had. Then, plop! The Lord blessed me with this one, unexpectedly. :) I like it a lot.

Heather,
Welcome! And congratulations on the bundles of blessings soon to be held in your arms. :)

Anna,
Gosh, I didn't even think of the quote applying to the mixed blessings blibbit! Your catching that blessed my day!

Beauty In All Things,
Yes, I want to read the book, too. Your testimony makes me want to read it even more. :)

Becky,
Welcome! I enjoyed visiting your blog, too. Hope to see you again...

Your taking the time to share a thought or two is a blessing to me...