05 March 2010

This Morning's Prayer







I call to You,
Lord,
who are worthy of praise,
and I am saved from my enemies.
The waves of death swirl about me;
the torrents of destruction overwhelm me.
The cords of the grave coil around me;
the snares of death confront me.
In my distress
I call to You, Lord;
I call out to my God.
From Your temple You hear
my voice;
my cry comes to You ears.
O, my Strength,
come
quickly
to help me.
Reach down from on high
and take hold of me;
draw me out of deep waters.
Rescue me from my powerful enemy and from foes
who are too strong for me.
Bring me out into a spacious place;
rescue me, Lord,
because You delight in me.


Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.
Father, I want to acknowledge my sin to you.
I don't want to cover it up.
I will confess my transgressions to you, Lord,
and You will forgive the guilt of my sin.
...
I confess that You are my rock,
my fortress,
and my deliverer;
You are my rock,
in whom I take refuge,
my shield
and the horn of my salvation.
You are my stronghold,
my refuge,
and my savior ~
save me from anything that seeks to destroy me.


You are my lamp, O Lord;
You turn my darkness into light.
With Your help, I can advance against a troop;
with You I can scale a wall.
As for You, my Father,
Your way is perfectl
Your Word is flawless.
You are a shield for all who take refuge
in You.
For who is God besides You?
And who is the Rock except You?
If You are for me,
who can be against me?
You did not spare Your own Son
but gave
Him
up
for me.
How will You not also,
along with Him,
graciously give me all things?
You know the plans You have for me, O God.
Plans to prosper me
and not to harm me.
Plans to give me a hope
and a future.
Thank You, God,
for You willingness to lead me to triumph.

Amen.
.

1 comment:

Annesta said...

A prayer that I needed to pray today. Your post has been a blessing to me today. Thank you for sharing your heart.
May God bless you
Annesta