26 January 2009

Fingerprints of Love

.

(image from Holy Experience)

Continuing to count the everyday gifts of life from the Giver of Life...

151.
Seeing my tween daughter choose to spend
her Christmas Barnes & Noble gift card on
The Complete Sherlock Holmes, Volumes I & II and
The Illiad by Homer.
(Gotta love that classical, Christian education
that creates a real love for great literature!)

152.
100% wool knee-high socks
from New Zealand
that keep my tootsies toasty
on cold Winter nights

153.
Buying a new $149 Coldwater Creek cardigan
for $4.99

154.
Notes in my Bible's margins
from my early years of walking with Jesus
that still speak to me today

155.
A dear friend accepted Christ!

156.
My youngest son falling asleep in my lap
as we cuddled on the sofa
("Is there any felicity greater than this?"
~ Jane Austen, Sense & Sensibility)

157.
The opportunity to share the Gospel
with a classroom full of students

158.
Seeing my dog's long ears
flapping in the breeze 
as he sticks his head out of the car

159.
Carpooling!

160.
A nice warm cup of herbal tea
on a chilly, drizzly day

For all of these fingerprints of Your love throughout my days, dear Father God, I thank You.
.

No comments: