11 January 2009

His Fingerprints of Grace

.

(image and quote from Holy Experience)

"Every time you feel in God’s creatures
something pleasing and attractive,

do not let your attention be arrested by them alone,
but, passing them by,

transfer your thought to God and say

O my God, if Thy creations are so full of beauty, delight and joy,
how infinitely more full of beauty, delight and joy

art thou thyself
,

Creator of all!” 

— Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain


Continuing to pause and ponder the Lord's fingerprints of everyday grace in my life...

141.
From down the hall, hearing my boys sing
as they clean their bedroom,
complete with the youngest adding his improvised
"wa-wa-wa" embellishments sung at each pause in the song

142.
The graciousness genuinely bestowed
by friends not seen for years
and from whom my way painfully parted years ago.
Fellowship was renewed and enjoyed,
for nothing can break the bonds of Christ
when we serve Him above ourselves.

143.
The memories of a beloved friend and mentor,
cherished and remembered,
while celebrating a life that has passed from this hard world
to Heaven's joys, holy and free.

144.
Refreshing ice water,
my favorite drink

145.
A washing machine and dryer

146.
Hand-me-down clothes for children
that out grow their clothes quickly

147.
Reading my daughter's Christmas thank you notes
and seeing the care she gave
to make each one unique and meaningful

148.
Dry erase boards!
(After the dog, they are a parent's best friend)

149.
My local classical music radio station

150.
Continued opportunities to share about
God's amazing provisions for our family
that build up others' faith

For all these things, dear Heavenly Father, I thank You...
.

No comments: